Atco 14 inch

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Atco 14 inch

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Well done for trying. Will not be seen much in flouresent light hopefully more in natural light at shows etc. So they had not got theanaliser then.

darmic1
    Participant

“Theanaliser” pfffft, snigger! Sorry, couldn’t help that. I did give them the NCS code of S5040G30Y, I also gave them the HSV,RGB and HEX codes, unfortunately as they are more automotive they dont use these IDs. However, they do use PPG paint matching equipment. The sample on the inner chain cover matched the BS 220 Olive colour. They mixed a small amount, applied it to a sample stick, dried it and put it next to the colour on the chain cover. To them and me its identical, the only difference was noticed under flourescent light. But that could be down to base material, primer colour and so on.

darmic1
    Participant

Some paint at last!!! Here’s the colour, under a spot lamp and normal lighting.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

So I got some painting done this evening. The bearing carriers and the flywheel cover, I know this wouldn’t have been painted originally but it was quite badly scratched up.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

The fuel tank has come out really well, no signs at all of the 5 dents which were in it!

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

And the frame for the bottom blade…… A new blade and screws was ordered today too.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

wow what a journey ! with all that information on paint codes and actually working with the mixing department most of us would have enjoyed the new experience Darren. Results look brilliant but….did you spray, or brush ? which ever way you went it really looks the biz .

darmic1
    Participant

Its a spray John, the same product I’ve always used, the 2 pack aerosol(iso free) Yep, have to agree, finding the right colour was a pain. But the guys I use, Automotive Paint Supplies, I’ve known for about 20 years. Been messing with cars for at least that long, friends n family who have minor knocks and scrapes, up to my brother wanting to paint his old white mk1 astra sri, purple……… always used these guys for auto refinishing products. Have never yet known them to not get a perfect match on a colour yet, no matter how old the paint. They supply all the local body shops with paint, panels, tools and consumeables too, Our old unit was next door to them and they were always flat out, busy!

darmic1
    Participant

Here’s the tank in daylight…..

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Replaced the damaged gauze air filter today. Used a very thin screwdriver to prise up the brass lip holding the gauze in place, then removed the old bit. Cut out the new piece from the sheet and placed in under the lip. Turned the piece over, so the gauze side was face down and tapped all around the back applying pressure all the time. Here are the pictures and it refitted to the carb.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Hmmmmmm, what’s going on with the picture sequence again???

vhgmcbuddy

The patience of a saint i would say. P.s you dont happen to be clergy by any chance ?

darmic1
    Participant

No,no,no Mr Webster! Definately not of the cloth!!! Am most definately going somewhere very hot, when its my turn of course 😀

darmic1
    Participant

Talking of somewhere hot…….. The postman delivered these today, ordered on the unmentionable auction site, all the way from Australia!

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Made a start on the grass box today. It looked reasonably straight, however, running a hand over the surface proved otherwise. So to start with I removed as much paint as possible, then using hammer and dolly set about removing the largest of the dents. Unfortunately I don’t have a shrinking hammer or dolly so had to leave the minor dents as was, these will be smoothed with filler.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 169 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.