Atco 14 inch

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Atco 14 inch

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    darmic1
    Participant

Wet sanded the fresh primer on the grass box today. Masked, and wrapped up the front as that didn’t need any work. Eventually got some paint on. To look at, this box looks right and fits right…….. I am just hoping it works right!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Nearly finished it now looking great.

darmic1
    Participant

Not quite John, I dont seem to have enough space to put the painted parts aside, so I can paint the rest, and start to reassemble……. I am having to paint, leave it 48 hrs, wrap in bubblewrap, box everything up and put it all away so it doesn’t get overspray on it. Seems I need either a seperate workshop or storage of some description.

darmic1
    Participant

Still, I managed to get a couple more bits painted today. Still have both sides, frame, engine mounts, tubes and one or two other bits left

vhgmcbuddy

Sounds a familiar problem. Some of us use a washing line mounted in a different area would save you time and money wraping bits up

hillsider
    Participant

Sounds a good idea re the washing line, make sure it is good strong line though or your freshly painted parts could take tumble! Some of the plastic coated line used on rotary clothes lines looks pretty but I would not want to trust it with any weight on it.

vhgmcbuddy

Well said Ray. what I use is B.T draw chord,nice and strong for what we would require. The chord is also good for tying down loads on your trailer as its about half the thickness of truck rope.

darmic1
    Participant

Did just that and set up a wire line, using some welding wire. Used a bit more wire to hang things on too

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Started the reassembly yesterday, fitted the new bearings in the carriers and fitted the assemblies to the side plates. Also fitted the adjustable front roller carriers.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Fitted the engine brackets to the crank case and the flywheel cover.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Painted the last few washers and spacers today, dry within 2-3 hours. The tubes were done yesterday.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Refitted the newly painted washers on the rollers, Had to replace the one between the two halves as it had all but corroded away. Also refitted the throw plate to the bottom blade frame.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

She is coming together now. Great job darren

darmic1
    Participant

Refitted the polished aluminium handles to the frame yesterday.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Fitted the rear roller, tubes and engine to the side plates. Its surprising how many parts there are to these mowers.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 169 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.