Atco 14 inch

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Atco 14 inch

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    darmic1
    Participant

Got the clutch, carb and fuel pipes refitted too.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Fuel tank also back on the mower. Wont be able to do much more until I have the cylinder ground….

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Are you going to use this in summer darren ? If so you will stop traffic in your street

hillsider
    Participant

If it cuts grass as good as it looks it will be the best lawn in the neighbourhood.

darmic1
    Participant

Thanks guys, decided to try the engine today, pleased to say it started on the 3rd attempt and ran well. A bit smoky but then it is 2 stroke and I’ve got the fuel mixture somewhere near 20:1. Also the paint on the exhaust is curing and that smokes a fair bit!
    Here’s the link http://youtu.be/5lSD2YKu6U8

hillsider
    Participant

Looking good, you will also get a bit of smoke from the various engine bolts and associated metalwork burning off assembly oil etc.

darmic1
    Participant

Picked up the cylinder and bottom blade today, all nice and sharp. Refitted and set up, turns paper into confetti quite nicely!!!

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

As all the parts were back, I have finished putting the Atco back together. Here it is all finished, apart from decals, which is in hand. When we get a dry day I will get it outside and fit the grass box for a few more pictures.

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

Darren , you are a credit to our movement , that looks stunning……..a huge well done.

Andy.

darmic1
    Participant

Thanks Andy, both for the comments and for the help with the carb!
    Here’s the pictures of the Atco with grass box as promised.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

nice one. must be the best resto this year. thumbs up darren

darmic1
    Participant

Cheers John! I think there will be more, it is only February……….

darmic1
    Participant

Was having a problem with the kick start pedal when trying to start the mower. The instructions clearly state not to let the pedal return un-checked as this could cause damage…… However with the aluminium having been worn completely smooth, my foot kept slipping off the pedal. I did consider using the Dremel to cut new grooves into the ally, but decided to glue some ‘non slip’ material to the pedal.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Polished up the ID plate with a bit of ‘Brasso’ and refitted it. The Atco now knows what it is and how old it is!

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

An excellent job. Just a small point, I think the id plate would have been black originally with the stamping showing bare metal.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 169 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.