ISEKI KS 280 Rotovator 1970 ish

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects ISEKI KS 280 Rotovator 1970 ish

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Have taken a look at the engine serial no which was covered in grime and can confirm its a 1971.

vhgmcbuddy

Not finished yet but I am starting slowly reassembling.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Went for car MOT today and I was slightly unaware what the man would find as its my first one with the new car. as look would have it the car passed PHEW panic over for twelve months. Back to thread. More bits added, and some filled and first coated,so overall had a good Saturday.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Might as well come clean before someone notices it. on the belt guard I have missed a ding,drat. sometimes you cannot see them until the paint goes on. A graphic actually covers where the ding is so will hide it from view,once I get them ordered.

vhgmcbuddy

Went to see neighbour to ask if i could try out machine in spring.he said no whys that i asked. He replied when you ploughed it last winter with barfod there was a right mess. soil coming from tyre tread he means. Some folk are so ungratefull.

vhgmcbuddy

has he got a holiday due????

vhgmcbuddy

not sure kev but he is always the one who wants me to keep an eye on his place when hes away,i feel deafness encroaching all of a sudden !

vhgmcbuddy

Making good progress now with the rebuild,and have taken some photos for the record. did have problem with a rusty inside of the tank but have put gravel in and given a lot of shakes,also washed out many times and I think its okay for the moment. One of the pictures shows the fuel bowl and fuel lines. I have made the one from the tank slightly special. I have made the pipe similar to a sink P trap and any rust will because its heavier than petrol will settle in the trap.also with the fuel line clear I can see when it needs draining. WIZZARD EHH !

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Have been lucky at work this week because we are putting up a huge shed size 100 meters by 80 meters,and of course I am on the beg for anything I can use for restos. for example all sizes of new nuts,bolts and washers and steel flat bar of all sizes. I don’t feel bad about being on the tap because it saves me some cash……..Have now finished the rear depth leg and is sporting some new bolts. also this week have been given 2 rear wheels and tyres from a scrap ride on mower and am in the process of making some transport wheels for this also.

Attachments:
    hillsider
    Participant

We often had contractors in at work building new terminal buildings or installing heat and vent systems and walking around their site towards the end of a contract there would be nuts and bolts,lengths of threaded bar(studding) etc all laying around left over from the job and about to be skipped. We used to gather up such treasures and return them to the workshop for the will come in handy one day rack, could be very useful on out of hours call outs when the stores were closed or the odd homework job.

vhgmcbuddy

Once was on a large pipeline job and when over six skips turned up.later on the containers where emptied and one had two tons of nuts and bolts inside so removed from skip and went to scrap yard four times made nearly a weeks wage on being a womble

vhgmcbuddy

One final touch before decals and that’s the home made transport wheels. have given this some thought as some rotovators rely on the operator to push them to the garden and if your aging that could tire you out before even fighting with the machine in work mode. So take the lot with you and let the machine pull you along ,makes good sense to me. The rotars are about one and a half inches off the ground when wheels attached,so no damage to pavements as you travel along to the allotment

Attachments:
    crawler
    Participant

Looking good John, you certainly don’t hang about when it comes to your restorations. Anything I do seems to take years to get finished.
    Have you any plans to try out that drive pulley?

vhgmcbuddy

hi rob. thanks for the compliment,i have mentioned this answer before but what I do is manage my time,i.e if I get up an hour earlier than work I can make an extra 5 hrs per working week to get on with it. and so on. Now that pulley is the only reason I got the machine because you may have picked up on the fact I collect large stationary engines and old farm machinery which is flat belt driven.so rather than crank up a biggy this will be adequate to test speeds etc.

vhgmcbuddy

I like your idea with the transport wheels John, I’m up for anything that makes life easer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.