ISEKI KS 280 Rotovator 1970 ish

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects ISEKI KS 280 Rotovator 1970 ish

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    stuart
    Participant

I dont know what should be there John as i cant find a good enough Google image of a KS280 showing the handlebars / swivel area.
    I think the KS280 has an alloy plate riveted somewhere on the handles giving the model number,engine type and machine serial number ??.Maybe you can confirm if this is on yours ??.
    This is the only photo i took of my smaller AC-2 showing the handles which as you can see has a large decal on them.
     photo DSC03998_zps170490ef.jpg

vhgmcbuddy

yes stuart we have a makers plate with serial no and engine type and not forgetting the makers model of tiller will get them soon.shame about the decal but I think it may have something about, make sure tiller out of gear before starting etc.

vhgmcbuddy

restoration is taking on a different stance. rather than take it all to pieces and starting the conventional way I am doing bit by bit ,but putting it back on. reason is rather than have bits scattered every where they are all together.hope you can understand this. A few pictures.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

oops forgot the depth leg !

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Iam going to retract my statement on reverse restoration its not working. so,back to basics. have striped it down for a steam clean in the morning all being well.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Stuart. Do you know what amount of oil goes into chain case ? There is no fill line other than filler plastic cap at the top.

vhgmcbuddy

Went down to local Halfords today to get a match on the off white of the tinwork on this machine. the nearest eye match was Leyland Rover White. so with a can of white primer in one hand and the Leyland paint in the other made haste to the shed. Also after rubbing down the stand/ cowcatcher it appears that it may have been either chrome or silver. so as I had a can of silver aluminium on stock which I always use for revitalising engine fins and casings I had decided this was going to cover the stand.

Attachments:
    stuart
    Participant

On my AC-2 chaincase there is a small screw on the side which acts as a level.Add oil untill it just starts to come out of hole.Maybe yours,allthough a differemt model,has a similar level screw ??

vhgmcbuddy

okay I have seen a small screw at the bottom,but I thought it maybe a type of drain plug. will take a closer look when working in the chaincase area. many thanks for your imput.

vhgmcbuddy

While all this is going on I am hunting around the web for machine decals for this when its finished. up to press I have got them all EXCEPT the one on the handle bar yolk. its in white with a square border and it could be related to a warning on starting the machine out of gear. anyone who can remember what it says or has a photo please forward to this project. just by chance I found this logo while I was sanding rear depth leg. its the one which is mounted in the bonnet recess BINGO

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Now that the paint has dried I am not happy with the colour . it looks like white primer. So into the paint store and came across some light ivory which I used on the Atco rotary 1957. nice classic colour and as the iseki is 35 years plus will go for that. here are a few photos.

Attachments:
    stuart
    Participant

Thats taking shape nicely John 🙂

vhgmcbuddy

Yes Stuart ,now I have changed the colour I am sure when combined with the red you will want to eat it, only joking ! the red is Tornado Red White is Light Ivory.

vhgmcbuddy

Going to be smart John you might not want to get it dirty. Or will we see it in action later on.

vhgmcbuddy

Would like to try it out but will ask neighbour as i do not have a veg patch

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.