New additions some identification help needed

Home Forums Groundcare Machinery Grass Cutting Machinery New additions some identification help needed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    coxey1979
    Participant

Bought from a estate sale, 2 mowers a

Ransomes Ajax mk3 mostly there no grass collector but not sure if meant to have one. Handle bolts through name plate have been snapped and will need drilling out and replacing x4 the wood rollers a great condition but handles need probably replacing but going to try and refurbish them if it doesn’t look too bad.
    Second I thought might have been (from photos) an atco Standard type but smaller. When I got there, there is only one marking is “Qualcast” on one side plate. It has a Billiard XX Q engine, and the ignition looks immaculate, not sure if the grass collector is correct it’s been modified. Any help in identifying the machine will greatly help.

Attachments:
    coxey1979
    Participant

I believe that the mower is a later Qualcast 16 with Villiers midget engine.
    In fortunately there is some rot through the rear roller, not 100% sure if I could mig fill it or patch and fill. I’m waiting for the new shed to be build, old one almost demolished and I can get it on dry ground, for the time being it’s staying in the wheel barrow.

Re the Ajax dose anyone know what size the frame to name plate and handle bolts are and a supplier?

Kind regards

Mike

hdtrust
    Participant

Hi
    You appear to be in look, your Qualcast is a post-war Qualcast 16 we have a spare machine ideal donor for your rear roller.
    The Ajax can be sorted by us as well very easily
    Kind regards
    Andrew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.