What Wheelhorse to buy?

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines What Wheelhorse to buy?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi

Having got my Ransomes MG2 operational and working, and having renovated a Wheelhorse Commando for a club to move boats around with, my attention has turned to getting a Wheelhorse of my own to use as a logging forwarder tractor, that is carrying the logs from woods to home, something that will wear the tracks on the MG unnecessarily.

But what Wheelhorse to buy?

I like the look of the C-161, or the smaller Raider with their 6 speed, or even the C-101 as on YouTube with 4×4. I usually tow 2 trailers from the woods, road train style, estimated max load 2tonne, so stripping gears in uni-drive is my biggest worry, as even the small 6HP 3 speed Commando pulls well, no issues other than traction, which better tyres would fix.

Any advice welcome, see photo…

Cheers
    Graeme

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Problem Solved

C161 collected yesterday after it served a lovely family for 35 yrs. It has been lovingly maintained and stored all that time, and apart from one or two small adjustment jobs is ready to work!

The difference in the feel of power between the C161 and the Commando is significant. I was fortunate enough to be given two cleated tractor style tyres with the tractor, so once fitted today I will take it for a first trip to the woods.

Photos below we’re sent to me by the previous owners, who by the way still have an excellent Raider with cultivator attached for sale…see Feb issue of The Cultivator for details….if only I had a bigger shed!

Graeme

Attachments:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.