Trusty Plough.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    joegrgraham
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m in the process of fixing up a Trusty plough (making one good one out of two wrecks).
    What is the correct size for the disc? as I have one large (approx 14″) rotten one and a small one (about 9-10″) that is distorted, so I’ll need to find a replacement.
    I will also need to replace the point soon, is there an available replacement?.
    Thanks,

Joe.

trusty220
    Keymaster

For the point most people tend to use a Ferguson one. The only trouble is that the frog (the piece that the point bolts to) is a very close fit to the underside of the point, resulting in the point not lining up when it’s bolted in. If this happens the best thing to do is to shave some off the inside face of the point until it fits properly. I’m told that you can also use a David Brown one, but I’ve always stuck to Ferguson pattern.
    The standard disc is around 12″ diameter, but you can use a larger one for the opening and the finish. The standard one is best to stick with because you can then use a skim with it to bury the surface rubbish.

Attachments:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.