Ransomes MG5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello! I have a Ransomes MG5 tractor serial number 4039, I have it for a few years. I live in the town of Putaendo, Chile. How it got to Chile and if there are others here, I don’t know. I would appreciate any information on this machine. Also information where I can buy some spare parts. Thank you

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Amazing that an MG5 arrived in Chile and still exists, I hope you will let us know if you ever find out how it got there. For spare parts Neil Jarrett in Glamorgan Wales is the main dealer in parts for UK and is well used to exporting parts all over the world, contact him at njarrett@btinternet.com.

dave
    Participant

Hi, Your Ransomes MG5 dates from 1949. I do have a parts list for a MG5 and an engine
    instruction book. I can get my grandson to download and send to you. Please
    contact me at djclark89@btinternet.com and I will try and help you.
    Dave Clark.

vhgmcbuddy

Of course I will tell you if I obtain information on how and when it arrived in Chile.
    I’ll contact Neil Jarret.

Regards

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Dave, it would be very helpful.

ransomes256
    Participant

Hi,
    Neil Jarrett here and can confirm I would send parts to Chile but have checked and generally it can be expensive. In the case of a set of replacment track rubbers it would nearly double the price. Please note this is only my hobby but should generally be able to assist.

Is it possible your MG5 was used for mining rather than agriculture as many accross the world were being small but very strong.

If you email me at njarrett@btinternet.com I will send you a copy of my available new spares list.

Neil

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.