It's later than we think!

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion It's later than we think!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wristpin
    Participant

Just been doing some work a BS 5hp engine of 1989 vintage and was somewhat taken aback to find that a couple of parts that I could have done with are shown as obsolete. While there is still a good reservoir of used parts from that era it does bring home the fact that manufacturers are reducing their support for relatively modern stuff far sooner than perhaps we are used to.

vhgmcbuddy

I use to say, one thing with a briggs you can always get parts. But I noticed last year the same thing. I use to look up parts on the Briggs site and the list for the white 5hp horizontal shaft had gone. This is something we are going to have to live with, some call it progress.

charlie
    Keymaster

A simple way of forcing people to buy new engines and or machines, make spares unavailable. As you ay progress!!!??? Add to that a degree of built in shorter life like so many household ‘white’ goods, arghhhh.

joegrgraham
    Participant

I’ve noticed whilst searching for parts for my ZZ (a lot older I know, but bear with me) there is a lot more available in the US. Parts that, over here, you get a blank look from the man behind the counter when you ask for, are widely available over there.
    I usually get bits through that infernal auction site, and if you do a bit of searching, some peoples shipping charges are very reasonable. I just got a new fuel bowl, all-in about £20 and it only took six days to arrive!

Joe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.