Insurance question

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    crawlersimon
    Participant

Hi All,
    I note there have been numerous posts over the years about the Club supplied liability insurance and that it doesn’t apply to “ride on machines” which require road traffic act insurance on a rally field (even though they may never go any where near an actual public high way).

My main question is whether there is a clear, definitive list of makes/models that are or are not covered by the Club’s insurance?

It is not hard to assume that my Ransomes MG6 falls under “not covered”. However my Anzani Iron Horse is much more open to doubt and confusion. On the one hand I assume it is a “Pedestrian Operated Machine” and therefore “covered”, BUT when I attach my Anzani riding carriage I assume it now a “ride on machine”?
    Of course my assumptions on both machines could be wrong…

Also are the terms of the NFU insurance available (rather than just the membership card)?

charlie
    Keymaster

You are correct, the Ransome MG requires RTA cover as would any garden tractor/ride on mower. Pedestrian machines such as British Anzani Iron Horse, Trusty, Barford Atom etc even when fitted with a trailer or riding bogey are still covered by the NFU insurance. This is a specific question we have asked them about.
    Terms of the insurance are covered in the BAVCC Safety Code which is sent to all members, copy will be included with April issue of The Cultivator.
    Note it is possible to obtain RTA cover for shows and rallies only, these policies do not cover use on public roads where machine would require registration etc.

crawlersimon
    Participant

Thanks Charlie for the clarification – a reminder of the BAVCC safety code will certainly be good to have.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.