Help with lawnmower identification, please!

Home Forums General Help and information Help with lawnmower identification, please!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cutwaterdrummer
    Participant

Hello All!

I was wondering if any of the experts here could help with identifying make/model/year of the lawnmower that I’ve inherited via a house purchase.

As far as I can tell, it’s a 24″ roller Atco with Villiers 4-stroke engine. It doesn’t have the grass box anymore, but has been stored in a garage for many, many years. The engine doesn’t run, but turns over nicely and everything seems to be free and working (rollers, blades, clutch, throttle cable).

As well as helping idenitfying, could you also please advise if it has any value and is worth saving?

Many thanks in advance!
    Cliff

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

You’r correct in your identification. The Villiers is a 150cc Lightweight with points ignition so a clean up of the points and carburettor should have it up and running. Not exactly rare but worth saving if you have the space IMO. Enough original paint to just have the oily rag treatment to preserve it.

cutwaterdrummer
    Participant

Hi wristpin

Thanks for the info! Any idea of year of manufacture?

wristpin
    Participant

Thanks for the info! Any idea of year of manufacture?

I’m going to say that your combination of chassis design and Villiers Lightweight engine suggests 1950s/60s but I can’t find any literature to back that hunch.

cutwaterdrummer
    Participant

Great, thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.