Countdown to Newark

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Countdown to Newark

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

It opens in two weeks’ time and is the biggest undercover vintage show in the club calendar- yes, it’s the Newark Tractors and Heritage Show.
    I had my entry confirmed earlier on this week and so I shall be there with the Trusty and Fingerbar Mower. I’ll be putting the club stand up on the Friday morning before the rush and there should be pork pie available throughout the show if I can get to the Black Country in the next two weeks.
    Come and introduce yourself and have a chat. We should be in the corner of Crocker Hall 2 where we normally are. See you there.
    Geoff

charlie
    Keymaster

I have had a look at the map and although it is 186 miles I could there and back in a day, so be warned I might turn up!!!

trusty220
    Keymaster

I’d better get my boots polished up and hair cut then.
    Was it the pork pie that persuaded you to come?

will-haggle
    Participant

I’ve got my entry but I’m going to be outside this year, too much to show inside. Does anyone know what the horticultural theme us this year? I see that Kendall and Newman Tractors are featured but I guess they are not in the horticultural section. The Tractor and Farming heritage magazine carries an item on the club display…

trusty220
    Keymaster

You should have seen what they were going to write- I just had to put them right!

The horticultural theme (which is not run by the VHGMC, I may add) is Mayfield for this year. If you’re outside with your display you will be in good company because there is always a collection of horticultural machinery in the awning displays as well. One to look out for is Mick Green with his stationery engine driving a mill making flour- most years he even has bread baked from the flour that he’s milled!

will-haggle
    Participant

My Mayfield went to a new home a while ago!

martin-ellison
    Participant

my atcos lawnmowwers are in crocker 2 same as last year

stevewoollas
    Participant

We are busy sorting out tools for the VHGMC display area. This year will involve a specific theme involving mainly tools which have not been displayed at Tractor Newark before, in fact most of them have not seen daylight in the last six years so much time is currently being spent dusting them off. Hope the themed idea works.
    Also Newark will be the launch of a new item in the club shop so come and visit the club stand.
    See you there–Steve

vhgmcbuddy

We will be there either Saturday or Sunday, visiting only this year, will come and find you all on the club stand!

trusty220
    Keymaster

I’m hedging my bets this year and have bought two pork pies- one for each day! I just hope the weather clears up a bit from this monsoon that we’ve been having.

I will bring the new stock of Trusty clutch springs with me so they will be available from the club stand during the course of the show; price will be £22.50 per pair collected, I think the postage for something of this sort will be around £2.80 and so It makes sense to pick some up if you’re coming.

See you there.

charlie
    Keymaster

A couple of photos from Newark.

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Newark this year was bigger than ever with more horticultural entries than we’ve seen before. In previous years we have had to share the hall with the Allis Chalmers club, but this year we filled it with horticultural exhibits.

A “Very Well Done” to all who contributed to make it all happen. Just to show that you don’t need to take a Trusty or a Ransomes, one person exhibited a Smith’s Aero Seed Fiddle which was shown on a trestle table to make it more accessible for the public to view. Somebody else brought along a mystery object which now appears in the “Help” section of the forum and Steve had a great weekend with sales from the club shop.

All in all a very enjoyable weekend; what makes it even more enjoyable is the amount of members who come to just say hello and tell us of their latest purchase or project. If you have never been before it is really a “must see” for next year, and when people say it is the largest tractor rally they aren’t exaggerating in any way.

A few pictures to prove my point!

Attachments:
    dave
    Participant

A good show. Well done to all club members who made the effort to exhibit
    or came along to visit. It was well worth the drive from east Anglia.

alan
    Participant

I think it’s fair to say that we had a great time at Newark. If you have never been then it’s also a good place to meet friends, club members and also meet new folk too.

I did manage to get the Elec-Trak tractor there and amazingly found three show visitors who also own Elec-Trak tractors – it’s worthwhile going to shows as you never know who or what may turn up!

Lots of photos all compiled into a slideshow on Youtube:

charlie
    Keymaster

Alan a good slide show, certainly shows what variety of machinery was at Newark.
    Looking at all the photos did raise an ever present question about any exhibit. How and where to put the exhibit number and any other information?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.