ATCO Groundsman 28 inch mower.

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects ATCO Groundsman 28 inch mower.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

well that’s a bridge I have to cross when it happens. QUESTION……would I be right in thinking Paraffin is as good a cleaner as any or what do the Pro’s recommend, baring in mind that when is dirty etc you dispose of it ?

vhgmcbuddy

paraffin is fine john

darmic1
    Participant

Make sure the pump is suitable for the solvent/paraffin based cleaners, if its the sealey or clarke it should be fine……You can mix paraffin and solvent based cleaners to make it a bit cheaper. I do 50/50 mix. Dont buy the water based parts wash solution, I have about 20 litres of the clarke stuff, not much good!

vhgmcbuddy

At last the rebuild has started,and taking lots of photo’s has paid off. the bolts which hold the mower handle bar framework are different lengths and pictures helped a lot with getting the main handles the right way around. will not be putting engine in at the moment because the total combined weight will be to heavy for me to manage safely as I had to bring her into the shed on its front rollers in a side ways manner. A hot tip needed to make the front and rear rollers look a lot newer than they are at present. all ideas considered as they look shabby THANKS.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

nigel, I have heard some stories about women trying to get a mans clothes off but that is a new one!!!!

vhgmcbuddy

funny you should say that Charlie but I know a middle aged woman who gets turned on by the smell of old fashioned creosote. good job you cannot get it now without a licence, because she lives next door ha ha.

charlie
    Keymaster

I might have a drop in the shed if you would like some!!!

vhgmcbuddy

works every time charlie 😀

vhgmcbuddy

Thought I might as well get this clutch operating lever mounted as I am having to get parts down from my paint line to put up further components as the resto progresses. Looking at the end of the clutch coupling has reminded me that the original rubber sleeves which take up the initial torque of the engine at take off, have worn to such a degree that prompt attention is required. Will need three short lengths of say heater hose cut to 1 inch lengths to get things back to how it was back in the late 1950’s.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Handles on the mower when purchased where missing so,been the type to improvise I am making my own. Using the idea which is used on the Auto Culto Field Model L have bought some file handles and have split them long ways. Will then get some flat bar and mould the steel to the shape of the wood replacement handles. Giving me a special twist to the personalized hand grips. see photos below.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Thats a good idea! I take it the wood will remain either side of the steel?

vhgmcbuddy

Yes Darren you have got it. have you seen the auto culto I did, it will be in projects in old forum.

darmic1
    Participant

I think I have John, another of your fine resto’s! Will go have a memory refresh, whilst waiting for some paint to dry. Just gave the inside of my grass box a coat or two….

darmic1
    Participant

Just revisited your Auto Culto project, nice old machine that! I dont know where you ‘park’ all your resto’s?

vhgmcbuddy

Its a secret the way of the world dictates this you know where im coming from.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.