ATCO Groundsman 28 inch mower.

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects ATCO Groundsman 28 inch mower.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

just come in from the shed and had a good light rub on the fan housing. can not see anything at the moment but these numbers are on flywheel. 30794 3075 10 6 next question is when where the old mk 25 s in production ? just looked in Graces Guide and the MK 25 was launched in 1941. ATCO started production with this engine in 1960………so I am getting there. this info came from The Old Lawnmower Club. So I deduce that this mower is aged between 1960 and 1975. Someone correct me if I am wrong………please |

vhgmcbuddy

With the mk 15 changing to the mk15/2 which included the design of sump and crankcase change I believe took place in 1963 so this is prob before that date.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks gareth the knowledge on here is boundless.many thanks

vhgmcbuddy

These cold evenings just put you off going to the cold shed,but we are made of sturner stuff and have been beavering away at the engine for the last week.
    with the temp being low the paint which I am putting on with the brush is taking 2 to 3 days to dry. but spray paint in cans is only a matter of overnight. this is as far as I have got this evening.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

It might be taking longer John, but your end results are looking good. I don’t do much evenings being retired I have time though the day. My shed has concrete walls and floor once that gets cold it would make a good fridge. On winter days when the sunshine’s I sometimes revert to the greenhouse to do a bit of tinkering.

vhgmcbuddy

Owen, thanks for the comment. About 25 years ago I used to spray old cars and vans in a farmers greenhouse between crops for a little earner. I used to use because of the cheap paint job,dulux metal paint. it was oil based and a high gloss if thinned down with terps. the finish after spraying on was awesome,you could shave in the reflection. also with the heat from the sun at about 80 degrees they had dried in an hour and a quarter.

vhgmcbuddy

Being a poor sleeper this hobby certainly helps me a lot with turnaround as some days I can get an extra 3 or 4 ours out of the standard day. many people comment on the fact that I have to much time on my hands but its only down to managing the time. a few updates on engine restoration…
    Tried to clean up the makers plate but so worn that it definatly looks like when I order decals a plate will also have to be considered from Titch.

vhgmcbuddy

john i remember years ago i used to spray vans with dulux mixed with 20% petrol used to give it a dust coat 10 mins later added 25% yacht varnish to what was left in the pot, give it a heavy one like orange peel, next morning it had flowed out smooth and was so shiney you could have shaved in it, no elf and safety then 😀

vhgmcbuddy

A few more as for some reason the others have vanished.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

First fill up with petrol and ,I knew it….a none seating highly worn fuel shut off brass valve. I will add now some pictures of the Villiers carb as no model no visible. hoping someone will steer me in the right direction so I can order one from George.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Although the fuel leak was there the engine ran so sweet you would think it was from a racing engine manufracturers in Italy……Dream On !!http://youtu.be/jITvQPKembE

vhgmcbuddy

It sounds like you ought to put it in a go-kart John.

vhgmcbuddy

I had the hand throttle turned as far down as it would go,so now I think that the next time it is run to gently alter the govenor and get it to run more slowly. if I need more throttle I can always adjust manually on the throttle lever. Forgot to add the choke in the carb above surrounds the throttle slide from top to bottom. to operate there is a long rod which comes out of the top of the carb where the fixing ring is.

andyfrost
    Participant

John , the needle and seat assembly is common to all those variations of Villiers carbs.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Many thanks will ask george about a pair

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.