ATCO 14 inch cyclinder mower

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion ATCO 14 inch cyclinder mower

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi John the engine is a villiers mk7 or mk7/1, the only difference is the carb and exhaust is on the other side, can’t remember which at the moment sory, ill have to dig my books out when I get chance.

vhgmcbuddy

Wow this engine is surely becoming the biggest mystery on this new forum. thanks for imput gareth and nice to here from you.

vhgmcbuddy

Just looked it up on villiersparts its a mk 7.

vhgmcbuddy

PHEW !! what a relief thanks gareth

wristpin
    Participant

Villiers S10 Carb

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thanks angus for this and its been quite a journey identifying the new mower

hillsider
    Participant

I have searched my info and have found a couple of bits of information that may help, apologies for reproducing Angus’s drawing but it was attached to my info also.

vhgmcbuddy

no problems ray about the second carb diagram,and many thanks for the other pdf s .it was not as straight forward as some engines to ID BUT WE GOT IT WITH GOOD STERLING EFFORTS BY ALL CONCERNED.

hillsider
    Participant

That’s ok pleased to help, next mystery to solve is the plastic air intake cowl, it looks rather like a plastic pudding basin! But then we have not yet seen all of it so we await further instalments.
    Ray.

dorigny
    Participant

Just out of interest, and not sure if it will upload.? A poor view of my smaller Atco…can’t remember if it is 12″ or 14″, they did both…it’s rather buried in my shed. It has a Villiers lightweight aluminium engine with an unusual rubber oil filler plug rather than a threaded one.

Clive.

The photo did upload 🙂

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

clive. I can give back some expert advise on this as I have the horizontal version on my atco rotary. its a Villiers 7 E engine. I knew I had leart something and I improve with age. thanks for showing us your project. I have had an Idea. why don’t we restore them next year ?

dorigny
    Participant

Hello John,
    Yes it shares the same style of alloy cast blower housing that’s on your rotary…I would hazard a guess though that this engine is smaller.??

..and i fear reality will get in the way at this end and you will be on to the next project and some before I find the hours just to get into my shed. 😉

Clive.

vhgmcbuddy

well I have two projects running now but its going to take possibly until easter to wrap them up,but if my house sells before then I wont have anywhere to do my tinkering and that’s BAD NEWS !! I have heard of something call shed fever its not very pleasant.

vhgmcbuddy

Made time today to remove all extra bits which the first owner added for his convienience, and it does reveal what was hiding in the red plastic tub.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

That is a standard Villiers air filter, still available. Why the previous owner added the red plastic tub who knows.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.