Wheelhorse Commando 800, moing boats

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Wheelhorse Commando 800, moing boats

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Last year I bought a Wheelhorse Commando 800 on behalf of the local sailing club, to launch and recover the safety boat each sailing day. It has now become a firm favourite in the club and used for launching any of the larger boats.

I have also used it to tow TWO loaded trailers, road train style, of oak logs, an estimated load of more than 2 tonne, up hill on a muddy grass covered farm track, for the bog at the bottom to the farm yard a mile or so away, and down the other side on Tarmac road to my house…….needless to say I am truly amazed at the power in this little tractor.

I had to do quite a fe little jobs when I had it. Starter had been hit repeatedly on the sticker that says ‘do not hit’, dismantled and refurbished the solenoid, fixed the ignition switch, refurbished the handbrake assembly, and adjusted brake, clutch, belts etc….and this winter added a new seat with small tool tray behind. See photos.

I will be adding a front tow ball soon, to keep the drive belt pulle out of the water for the novice drivers, once wet it slips. It is an amazing little tractor, and I am on the look out for one like it myself now.

Welshhorselogger

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Yes great little tractors, they don’t make them like that anymore. Looks in tidy condition, That ones a bit older than my three, I have a C145, 512D and a 518H. I have two sons in forestry so the D512 gets involved in gobs around the log shed (free hire). I hope you manage to find one for your self soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.