Wheelhorse B165

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Wheelhorse B165

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

The 42″ cutting deck has a large iron casting that carries the main deck driving pulley on a 5/8″ spindle, at the other end is a jockey pulley, the 5/8″ spindle runs in a ball bearing set up inside the casting , this bearing has now disintergrated, it took the very devil to get it out of the casting using a lot of heat, no bearing dealer seems to list this odd size, (Not the 5/8″ bore, but the outer dimensions, about 1 3/16″ width and about 1 3/4″ long) I tried to make do, and turned up a bronze bearing to fit, I thought I had allowed enough “Clearance” but only cut 30 yards of lawn before it seized up, melting the paint on the pulleys! SO, it seems I need the proper bearing, any ideas where I can get one please?

vhgmcbuddy

Try simplybearings.co.uk ,failing that when I wanted an odd ball bearing (imperial centre and width yet metric outer )I got the next size down outer in imperial and had a sleeve made that fitted around the outside with a dollop of loctite.

vhgmcbuddy

Will do, Thanks for the info.

vhgmcbuddy

well, The correct bearing is available from a company in the UK at £88.00 + VAT! also found it in the States for $66.00 plus P+P so probably works about the same, It is actally the spindle with the bearing all as one integral unit, so, I got Two 16mm X 27mm ball bearings and an “oilite” bronze bush that I turned down to fit in the middle of the two ball bearings to take up the space, I made a sleeve to take up the slack in the casting as you suggested, and BINGO ! It Works fine, and did not overheat, all done for less than £15.00.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.