Wheel Horse part required.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Wheel Horse part required.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello. I’ve been looking for a complete manual deck lift kit for my WH C 145 1980. I’ve managed to source the rest of the parts used, apart from this. W H shaft-lift lever part No 108565 1980. If anyone can help please PM me. If it’s still attached to the lift lever no worries. Bit of a long shot but you never know. I got most of the rest of the parts from Bob Lewis. Thanks Owen.

vhgmcbuddy

Hello owen, in regards to the lift part you are looking for, is there a right and left side, front or back? Is there a difference between the 42″ and the 48″ deck lift parts? I’m here in the states and if I can help you I would be glad to. Did you try pigironparts.com , wheelhorseforum.com Glenn

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for your reply Glenn, this is more a a tractor lift part, it’s the shaft that the lift lever fits on. I will look up your suggestions, The part is No 46 on the diagram. Thanks again Owen. One down side might be shipping from USA.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy
    vhgmcbuddy

I don’t know where you live, but the part is 41.35 USD = 38.4010 EUR If you don’t use EUR then this won’t help.

vhgmcbuddy

Firstly Glenn many thanks for your help. I am in the UK, seeing I had difficulty finding this part used. I did look in to new prices, RCPW seemed to be a good price so I got a price for shipping $ 53. The part and shipping worked out £2 more than new in the UK. I tried the sites you mentioned but nothing used at this time. I will give it a bit more time to find a used one, Seeing this shaft is not all that complicated, it might be possible to get one made. I have the same part on my W H 512D, so if I could get that one off for a pattern. Might be a lot easier just to buy new. Will let you know. Thanks Again Owen.

vhgmcbuddy

Yes sir, making one would be good. I hope you can find one locally if you decide not to make one. good luck. Glenn

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Glenn, I removed a few panels to have a closer look at the shaft on my W H 512 D, I soon realised removing it wasn’t going to be easy. The small lever on the shaft would have to be free to allow the shaft to slid out, so I managed to measure it in place and will take these measurements along to the local engineering shop. It’s a straight forward shaft 1″ diameter with a key way and a few holes.

vhgmcbuddy

I think I know how hard it can be to take lose that part. I bought a Gravely 4 wheel tractor with a manual lift and I wanted to change the lift to hydraulic like my other tractor and found removing the shaft impossible with cutting it. I found that there are two different jack shafts for manual and hydro. Manual lift shaft it longer and is installed at the factory when the frame is welded together and the hydro is install after the frame is welded together. I had a time before I found all this out.
    Maybe you could post a picture or two of you work with the shaft? Good luck with your work.

vhgmcbuddy

Photo 1 you can see this part seized on the shaft. These parts have probably been together for 35 years. So would be a shame separate them now or that’s my excuse. Photo 2 is my work horse. Robin diesel 12 hp, are their many 512 D in the USA Glenn. I do watch the W H junkies on face book but don’t seem them.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Owen, The 512 D is very very rare in the states. The 512 D DY41D Robin diesel was sold in Europe not the USA. There are guys that are big WH fans that have never seen one. The mythical 512-D is ever so desired in America. Of all the Wheel Horse tractors, the 512-D is the one I want. Nice tractor Owen. Glenn

vhgmcbuddy

Latest on the lift shaft, I enquired at a few engineering shops regarding making the part. Mention it’s just a one off job, and I got we have a standard charge for smaller jobs, bring it along and we might be able to help, hope you are not in a hurry as these jobs get put on the bottom of the list, might as well have said they didn’t want the job. So I managed to find a length of 1″ diameter steel rod, cut it to length and a friend’s got a milling machine and kindly cut a key way, a few holes need drilling in it I can do myself. A few bits I ordered from Toro mainly bush bearings that the shaft runs in arrived yesterday, so after tidying and painting few bits it will be ready to fit it on.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Well, good to hear you have found a way to get your WH back to work Owen. I see you got those parts separated to get the lift shaft off the tractor. Yes I have found the same thing with machine shops not wanting to do one off jobs or small jobs without big money. Please keep us posted Owen. Glenn

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Glenn. Deck lift parts painted and fitted, next gob is finish this deck that I started a few years ago. Bit of flaky rust and back lift supports been welded on, blades look good so overall not bad.

Attachments:
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.