unkown tool

Home Forums General Help and information unkown tool

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

hi people does anyone no wot this tool is used for its aprox 6 in long a hole bored through a file on a chain plus a brass feral ring on to hold somthing tight but wot this came my way today along with a merrytiller and a very good selection ov vintage engineering tools very good quality

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

another pic

vhgmcbuddy

a long shot but it looks like it could go in the end of a pipe/tube then when the other end is pulled it spreads in the pipe to secure it. like you would use to lay pipe through a mole tunnel for cables or irrigation…….. like i say a long shot??? not sure where the file comes in though. it might also hold something in the centre and you tap down the brass ring to tighten it??

vhgmcbuddy

hi kev the brass ring is for holding tight i think the file is to level off but not sure wot its a strange curio

vhgmcbuddy

It’s a tool for servicing snooker cue tips.

vhgmcbuddy

Sorry for the short reply catfish. I was rushing this morning to go out. I remember using one years ago. You file the old glue off the cue, then glue a new tip on then push the cue though to the end stop and tighten in the tool until it sets.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.