Trusty runs again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joegrgraham
    Participant

Hi all,
    Those who were at lotmead will remember the trusty that perplexed everyone by refusing to start.
    Well, after trying just about everything, with no success, I put on a new plug cap, and it started!! I don’t know how or why, but after a bit of tinkering with the carb setting, it ran as if nothing has happened!
    Looks like it might make it to Weeley after all.

charlie
    Keymaster

Like they say most fuel problems are electrical! Glad to hear it is running again. Oddly enough when my Simar 56 started giving trouble at Semington I discovered the electrical problem was in fact fuel related.

sidevalve44
    Participant

Hooray, great news !

I remember once, a chap I knew stripping the carb and just about everything else on Royal Enfield 500. He said it had a newish plug but, it still wouldn’t go. I gave him my spare and it started straight away !

vhgmcbuddy

A Follower of this site in Ireland, who is not a member, Richard Duffy, Points out that the change of plug cap probably meant that there was a Resister in the other cap, and that a resister must never be used in a Magneto ignition system, also that the plug gap for use with a magneto should not be more than 18-20 Thou. as any more can lead to the spark jumping the safety gap in the Magneto, also to use only Copper core cable for the ignition. sound sensible advise to me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.