Throttle cables

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Afternoon all
    Can anyone recommend a place to have throttle cables made up? I need a new one for my Simar, but I’m not happy sourcing and fitting the ends myself, I’d rather send the old one away, if possible. If not, does anyone know what the correct ends for an Amal slide carb and Amal throttle lever are and then where I can order them from?
    Cheers
    Andrew

hortiman
    Participant

Hello Andrew
    I always get mine made by Jon Cruse, at The Mower Centre, Hailsham, East Sussex. 01323 842 477.
    He always makes a good job of them and is a Club member of long standing.
    He has a website too.
    Hope this helps
    Chris

charlie
    Keymaster

I have made up new cables for a couple of my Monro Tillers, cable and nipples bought online from a motorcycle parts company. Biggest problem is selecting correct size nipples. I will have a look at throttle on Simar 56 to see if I have correct ends. How long does cable need to be?

charlie
    Keymaster

One thing I don’t have is a bird cage tool to flare cable ends prior to soldering. See Venhill website for details of how to make cables.

vhgmcbuddy

Excellent, thanks all
    Chris, If I don’t have any luck sourcing the ends, I’ll send it to John, We’ll see how I get on.
    Charlie, as for how long, I can measure it tomorrow/Saturday, but currently I’m 250 miles away… Its very taut at the moment, as when I got it, one end of the cable broke, so I had to cut it down slightly. I suspect its about the same length as as 56 cable.
    I’ve still got to sort some seals for it, my DIY ones last year failed badly. It might not end up coming to Weeley, I might give one of Rickys machines an airing, I’ve got very little stuff thats in working condition.
    Cheers
    Andrew

vhgmcbuddy

John Cruise is your best bet!

Can take a couple of days as he can be very busy & its only him running the place

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.