Steam Engine Rally madness yet again!

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Steam Engine Rally madness yet again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hdtrust
    Participant

While leaving the show ground at South Cerney at the weekend,I was towing our caravan out,when it was hit on the rear end by a young girl driving a form of a dump truck with a BSA engine, which had come from the Lister Auto truck section.She was with an older brother who was on another like wise peice of machinery, who likewise could not handle it on the terrain.When I asked her what she was doing, the answer came, when I pull the clutch in, it still drives,and she new this when she was asked to drive it back from their show area to loading it, some 1/4 of a mile away!So where is the incompetent Father in all this,well I hope this email,filters through to their club!If these machines were known to be faulty, then they should have been loaded from the show area.
    The damage to my caravan is slight but very annoying.If anyone has an email for the Lister Auto club, can they send it to me.
    Andrew Hall

charlie
    Keymaster

Andrew, this incident raises a number of questions eg how old were they and what insurance cover. The rally field is deemed to be a ‘public place’ under the Road Traffic Act 1988. For contact details see Lister Auto Truck Club website.
    This incident is also a reminder to all exhibitors of their responsibility regarding who operates machinery. Letting anyone operate a machine which is known to be defective will only result in severe penalties if and when things go wrong.

hdtrust
    Participant

Hi Charlie,
    Both I would say were under age!And to young when asking for insurance.The machine that hit me was a walk behind BSA engined, with a black tipper skip in front. Looking at the programme I cannot find it listed.
    Has anyone got a phone number for this club?
    Regards
    Andrew

charlie
    Keymaster

Sorry no idea of phone number, try e mail from previous link, contact is under information tab. Like any RTC today it is always handy to get the mobile phone out and capture the incident and perpetrators on camera.

hortiman
    Participant

Hi Andrew
    Try John Keedwell his name is down as organiser SVTEC, 01453 890891 or mandykeedwell@aol.com
    I hope this helps.
    Regards
    Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.