Sisis scarifier

Home Forums Groundcare Machinery Sisis scarifier

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    philip-s
    Participant

I picked this up at the weekend, never owned a Sisis before and wondering if someone can give an idea of the age of the machine and if manuals are available
    On the plate it says Sisis ARR2 Auto Rotorake no 1869.
    The engine is a Kohler model k91T spec3124c/7456232.

Attachments:
    hdtrust
    Participant

Hi
    Nice machine, the Sisis rotorake came with different selectors, you are showing the verticutter, not just a scarifier, when you set this selection correctly, it will scarify but also slice the roots of the grass allowing the grass sward to re germinate without seeding.
    Other selectors include a scarifier and also a brush which can be used on hard weather surfaces as well. There should be also a collecting box which sits on the front like with a cylinder mower.

The Rotorake was introduced in the late 1970’s, and is still made today but with improvements, looking at yours it appears to be mid 1980’s. I have a 1990’s version with a MAG engine, which I use frequently in my buisness, and yes they hold their money, in a word to get a good second hand one, is like looking for rocking horse ******
    Just one word of warning, dont use in dry spells and dont over set the selectors as if there are slight lumps in the surface of your lawn, it will grind them out!

philip-s
    Participant

Thanks Andrew for the information, sounds like a useful machine for restoring lawns. What is the best time of year to use it to improve the sward?

trusty220
    Keymaster

Spring and Autumn are the times that you use the scarifying reel, basically when the grass is growing at it’s strongest. When you scarify it does tend to slow the growth down and so vigorous growth spells are best so that it recovers quickly. Another reason is that if you scarify in a dry spell you will open up the ground and dry the roots out which can run the risk of developing dead patches (or even the whole lawn!); the soil can also open up as it dries out and it will leave you with grooves in your lawn, another thing to be avoided.

I hope that helps; it’s always good to have a machine that you can use at home as well as taking it to shows.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.