SISIS Identification

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion SISIS Identification

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    neil-martin
    Participant

I am looking for model information on the attached SISIS and were i may find parts

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by neil-martin.
    Attachments:
    hdtrust
    Participant

Looks to me you have a Sisis Auto Trak which was made for use on hard porous areas, the give away is the shortened handle bars, looks like you have a MAG engine on it, which I think from memory is an SR1, from that I deduce the age to be from 1978 to the early 1980’s, parts and attachments usually can be found in ex- municipal auctions

neil-martin
    Participant

Thank you that is very helpfull. The engine has no spark so i was looking for points,condensor and possibly coil. the steering wheel has been an addition which i have now removed but then requires throttle lever and control lever. I was given the SISIS and advised it was pre 1950 which didnt make sense to me looking at the MAG engine.

hdtrust
    Participant

The origins of the Sisis Auto Trak, was first called a Ransomes Hargreaves which would have had a large JAP engine and be from the 1950’s, they then changed the name to Ransomes Sisis Aero Main, from the early 70’s Sisis went out on their own, dropping Ransomes.
    Hope this helps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.