Simar 56E!?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    andyfrost
    Participant

“The E and AE have a wico magneto 56A not.”

Strange , every 56A I’ve seen have had wico magnetos.

Andy.

roatavator
    Participant

Mine has Wico

vhgmcbuddy

Strange , every 56A I’ve seen have had wico magnetos.

Perhaps I have expressed my self in a way that was misunderstood. I will try to clarify my blurry information. I hope you all have some forgiveness on my English; the language is not my mother-tongue.

In Sweden it seems that the Simar model 56 exist in three different model types A, E and AE. So far the information I have, suggests that “E” is the 56A produced by Geo Monro that was exported to several countries including Sweden. What I Sweden is three different model names, is only one, 56A, in other countries. Why the 56A got the name 56E in Sweden (and not elsewhere?) is to me unknown. The best suggestion so far is that the “E” stands for “Exported”. Earlier I have got the suggestion that it stand for England.

So far I don’t have any information on the AE model, I still searching for a machine with serial number to try to figure it out if it is a Geo Monro manufactured rototiller or from the SIMAR original factory. I hope Charlie might help me with that when I have found a serial number on a AE machine. In Sweden I have only seen “A” on machines that are produced by the Switzerland SIMAR factory in Genève.

In short I guess that the Geo Monro Simar 56 is called E and AE in Sweden but not elsewhere and the same machines are named 56A in UK.
    In my instruction manual printed in 1952, the models 20, 21, 35A, 35C, 35AE, C 31, C 51-54, 55 A-B, 56A, 56AE, 56E, C80-81, 70C and 60A are included. When it give information upon the magneto, it is first stated that on the Simar machines use the following brands, Bosch, Bohli, Per-Avia, Wico and Scintilla. Earlier in the text there are instructions on how to oil the machines. For 35AE, 56E and 56AE it is stated that they are equipped with a Wico magneto that needs to be oiled every 200 hours with low viscosity oil.
    /Per

charlie
    Keymaster

It could be that magneto type was different for some countries, a local make being used. This happened with the British Graveley machines which were of Americam origin but had UK magnetos, Wico.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.