shay roto gardener

Home Forums General Help and information shay roto gardener

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nick
    Participant

Hello,I’ve recently purchased a shay roto gardener, well two really so ime asking can anyone tell me any servicing information like for timing, spark plug, fuel mix and belt size.I have one running but i know the timing is holding it back .They have not been used for many many years .I am going to put them or one or least to work on my allotment.Thanks.

charlie
    Keymaster

Do you know which model of Roto gardener? Engine make and model? Photo of machine and engine.

andyfrost
    Participant

Yes , we really need some photos , unless of course you can tell us what make of engine you have.

Andy

nick
    Participant

Hello Charlie and Andy i have just had a glass of port, you will have to bare with me ,thanks for replying to me i will be back with some information on the two shay rotavators.

nick
    Participant

All i can say at the moment is its a 120 .and the rotors engage by a central push and pull knob.They both have a yellow alloy engine cover.3/18385 is the serial number on a plate on the chassis under the engine.Thanks.

charlie
    Keymaster

Fuel mix 3/4 pint to 2 gallons of petrol.
    Worm wheel gearbox oil EP140
    Spark plug gap 0.018″
    Points gap 0.014″
    The owners manual does not specify plug or belt type or timing setting.

andyfrost
    Participant

The Bux120 is fixed timing , flywheel is held in place with a cotter type pin/bolt , very similar style as a bycycle crank cotter pin.

Andy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.