Robbed Again!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Went down the allotment this afternoon to find that 18 sheds had been broken into and tools cleaned out, but strange to find they did not take the rotorvaters, the police were called, and we learnt that our travelling friends also visited two other villages the same night, It was with a sinking feeling that I checked the barn that I rent, just a couple of hundred yards from the allotment, my worst fears were realised when I saw the note the Police had left on the remains of the main gate, they had torn the back entrance doors off the hinges, and smashed the lock off another lock up, tools scattered all over the floor, they did not take any of the big machines, but they had checked everything I had stored, so I suppose they will come back with a Lorry for the heavy stuff whhen the fuss dies down, I reckon they only had a car this time so had to leave the heavy stuff. Now got a lot to do this weekend to secure the site again, cant remember if its 4 or 5 times now ! The last time I bought an Alarm Mine,( Legal) which fires a 12 bore cartridge, got sloppy after a year and did not set it this time….A hard lesson!!

mickattwo
    Participant

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, they are so determined there is little that will stop them

andyfrost
    Participant

Sorry to hear that , I well know the feeling , my allotment shed was cleared out by some lowlifes a short while back. Two rotavators and a reversible plough went walkies.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

It is a pity that I have no mains electricity to the barn, because there is some quite clever alarm systems these days, and they are not too expensive, you can even watch inside your property While you are away on your phone, and some will send you an alert when movement is detected, but they all require mains electricity, I am thinking of installing a “Wildlife camera that is battery operated, at least then we will have pictures of the riff raff to show the police.

joegrgraham
    Participant

Sorry to hear about your ‘visitors’, it is certainly worth getting a trail camera. They do take some very good quality videos/pictures, they work through infra-red, so no flashes, and they can be tucked away very discreetly. Just got to remember to change the batteries regularly.

Joe.

will-haggle
    Participant

Very sorry to read about your loss, the only thing I can advise is to make it as hard as possible for them. I like the bit about the 12 bore, though!

charlie
    Keymaster

Have you considered marking everything with ‘smart water’ type technology eg Select DNA, as per FBHVC article in The Cultivator some time ago. It may not prevent theft but it will enable items to be identified. The signs warning that items are marked should be a deterent.

vhgmcbuddy

Well , It,s a thought, but I have notices up warning of CCTV monitoring, and it makes no difference, It,s the CONTEMPT they have for us and the police that I find difficult, they know the Police are not interested any more in”Low Value” break ins so it goes from bad to worse, I have ordered two more 12 Bore “Alarm Mines” from Henry Krank, that will at least wake up all the Dogs in the village when they go off!.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.