Re: RANSOMES MG6 CRAWLER PROBLEM

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Re: RANSOMES MG6 CRAWLER PROBLEM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Guys,

I’m new to the vintage ride-on collecting world but recently purchased a Ransomes MG6 Crawler. On test drive it worked perfectly but on delivery (after tilting it twice at steep angles to load), the crawler battled to turn despite numerous crank attempts. Eventually, primed and ready to go it started but now whenever I fire her up oil leaks from the PTO pipe in the cab and I’m worried about what damage I might be doing? (she’s now not starting at all or squirting petrol out the priming squirter to indicate she’s primed?)

Also looking for a replacement glass fuel level that sits below the choke settings, my one apparently was replaced with an old shot glass!

charlie
    Keymaster

Problem might have been caused by the angle it was tilted at, oil may have drained into areas it shouldn’t. How long have you let it stand without attempting to run it? It might be worth checking oil levels. Not starting could be lack of fuel as you say you are not getting any sign of fuel at tickler. Remove fuel pipe at carb and see if you get fuel flowing with tap on. Next step if you do have fuel flow at end of pipe is to strip carb. Another thought, is engine petrol/ paraffin? If so is fuel change over tap set correctly?

expeatfarmer
    Participant

I suspect the answer is in your post, if you have tilted to a steep angle I suspect that either water or rust/crud in the petrol tank has blocked the tank outlet, remove the tap and flush out the tank and pipe work, you may need to follow it through the fuel pump and carburettor.
    oil in the pto is because the gearbox oil has run into the bearing when you tilted the tractor, check that the oil is not too high or again water contaminated. You are unlikely to have caused any damage.

dave
    Participant

Hi I have a copy of the Ransomes engine handbook . If you want a copy please contact me and I will scan it in and send you a copy .
    Also can I please have the machine no and engine no for the Ransomes M G register.
    Dave.

ransomes256
    Participant

Send me an email and I will send you a list ofmy available spares when I return from holiday. njarrett@btinternet.com
    Neil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.