Ransomes and Sims

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    web2
    Participant

There was an interesting small piece on Ransomes and Sims at Ipswich, plus a look inside the modern day factory and a look at some of the original mowers as part of a programme on BBC 2 last Tuesday at 6.30pm – Railway Journeys with Michael Portillo as the commentator. He is on a journey from Norwich to London via the railway network as this week’s topic, on every evening at 6.30pm – a different part of the rail network each week. He is basing his journeys on the Bradshaws railway guides of the mid 1800’s.

You can view the Tuesday edition this week on BBCiplayer.

Jean

chap
    Participant

Yes Jean very good this may help. Great British Railway Journeys – Series 5 – 17. Ipswich to Chelmsford

wristpin
    Participant

Great series even if now repeats of repeats! Nice little bit on Ransomes.

dorigny
    Participant

I was pleased to see Tilbury again. I visited the pontoon there in 2004? when radioship Ross Revenge was alongside. They were remaking the film Alfie at the time too. The waterside was doubling as New York.
    Dover, recognised views of there too, from flying over the area in 1991…again in search of the Ross Revenge.!

…and more on topic 😉 it was very interesting to see the Ransomes works too… 🙂

Clive.

vhgmcbuddy

HiClive

If you are interested in Tilbury there is a web site with some interesting bits on

tilburyandchadwellmemories.org.uk I am on allotment in tilbury if like to look

Thanks Jack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.