Ploughing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chris
    Participant

Spent the day yesterday at Flintham show and ploughing match
    My first attempt at a ploughing match, what a fun day it was. My fellow competitors (all six of them) in the garden tractor class including the Judge were extremely friendly, helpful and all round good company! They clarified some rules, helped me unload, even helped me start my cantankerous Diesel MG 40 ( the more important the start the less likely to behave)
    Thank you all of you!
    So I would strongly recommend others to join in and have a go, it is not as daunting as it seems.
    Obviously I came last ( I think) but I did much better than I expected to mainly thanks to the help and experience of the others.
    Flintham show seemed to be quite a big show for a one day event, and the atmosphere was really nice.
    Thanks again to everyone

trusty220
    Keymaster

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and it sounds like a good bunch of people that were willing to stop and help a novice.

One thing I found invaluable when I started was to go along to a few matches to spectate; that way you can pick up a few pointers whilst not under the pressure of competing and you have a lot more time to take in what other people do. When you’re competing you are under pressure to finish by a certain time and you can’t always stop and watch the others.

Keep up with it- every outing is an education and you never stop learning!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.