Norlett Versatiller 1000 MK5

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Garden implements Norlett Versatiller 1000 MK5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    frostynick
    Participant

Hi there – I have a Norlett Versatiller 1000 MK5 which was my father’s and has been such a good cultivator. It must be at least 50 years old so the chances of getting the part I need is probably remote. However, would anyone have any idea where I might get a replacement gear which operates the tynes. Mine has stripped and needs replacing. I would love to get it back working as I find it the easiest cultivator to use. Any information would be gratefully received!

charlie
    Keymaster

I suspect you may have to find a similar machine and break it for parts.

frostynick
    Participant

Thanks Charlie – I think that would be the way to go but it does seem as if there aren’t many around now. I’m wondering if the Landmaster (which looks very similar) would be compatible. Maybe someone would know this?!

wristpin
    Participant

Not sure about Landmaster , but Flymo took over some of the Norlett models and sold them in orange. If you can post an image of your machine I will have a look through some of my Flymo parts manuals and see whether any bear a likeness.

frostynick
    Participant

Hi there wristpin – thanks for your suggestion. I now realise that I would be looking for the complete tyne mechanism rather than just the gear. I thought had had kept all the bits bit apparently I haven’t! I have the tynes! Here is a photo of my cultivator as it is.

frostynick
    Participant

I’ll have to reduce the size of the photo.

frostynick
    Participant

Hope this photo works okay.

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Unfortunately I’m unable to open the file that you’ve posted. Can you not just reduce the size of the original image?

charlie
    Keymaster

Unable to open zip file.
    You need to compress the photo file to reduce the file size, see the following forum topic for guide https://vhgmc.co.uk/forums/topic/compressing-photo-files-using-ms-office-picture-manager/

ted20
    Participant

I do not understand why you cannot download file I am no nerd but it came straight away showing front view (without tines)

john-e-w
    Participant

I agree – no problem at all. Click on Zip file, click on doc and the picture opens up a treat as as it’s in MS photo you can zoom into any part of the photo that is pertinent. I did notice that despite the age of the tiller,the handles are adjustable for both height and offset – something that is missing on the modern counterparts.

John E-W

wristpin
    Participant

john-e-w
    Participant
    I agree – no problem at a

Well, it won’t open for me !

alan
    Participant

I’ve got the image from the zip file:

frostynick
    Participant

Thanks for all your comments. I’m still trying to put a smaller photo on but in the meanwhile, no-one has the replacement part I need in their shed by any chance?!!😉

frostynick
    Participant

Hopefully this photo will work for everyone!

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.