Newby Hall Tractor Fest 2014 -video and photos

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Newby Hall Tractor Fest 2014 -video and photos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    alan
    Participant

I’ve been over to Ripon (North Yorkshire) today to the tractor show at Newby Hall, fantastic location as the show is held on the parkland on the approach to the big house. An excellent day out and entrance fee also included entry to the 20 odd acres of gardens and for an extra couple of pounds there’s a go on the miniature railway that travels around the gardens and down the side of the river.

Sadly the weather got gradually worse through the day and by mid-afternoon it was quite heavy rain too. This had it’s advantages to a degree as there was not an abundance of visitors so I could take a lot of photos of the tractors and exhibits with very few (if any) people in the frame.

There was no movement of tractors big or small as the ground was wet so everything was static – so no machines went around the parade ring. The only thing running were the stationary engines which can be heard in the background on the video.

So I took the video camera and with my limited skills in the filming department wandered around the horticultural exhibits and took quite a lot of photos also.

http://youtu.be/gYXKUg1tEB0

charlie
    Keymaster

Alan, good video showing a very good display with just about a full range of machinery from the Jobber through mowers and rotavavtors to the Monarch and Ransomes MG.

alan
    Participant

Thanks Charlie, yes there was a very good turnout of a wide range of machines. I also found it good that there was generally only one of each machine so it looked varied, interesting and colourful too (you know what it’s like when there’s a row of grey fergies all looking the same!).

The stationery engines were excellent and had many engines from small hp ones to wagon mounted ones. Stationary engine folk did well in the rain keeping their engines running for the public.

I’ve had to compile the rest of my show photos for someone (who typically didn’t have a camera), there are wagons, vintage and new tractors, a few cars and Landrovers so they can be viewed on Youtube also at: http://youtu.be/8_soU2N68H4

martin-ellison
    Participant

very good video good horticultal section loads of different models saturday a total wash out but lots keep running dispite weather very good night in bar good enterainment, sunday fine and drew good crowds bit muddy underfoot very good show martin atco man

vhgmcbuddy

A bit late but excellent two days with many friend reunions. the wheelhorse round up went well and we where promised 38 but only 34 showed.never the less it was a big hit all round and next year cannot come soon enough for this venue. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE as someone once said.

vhgmcbuddy

Seems Alan wasn’t interested in the 34 Wheelhorse’s on show, then I expect they all look the same to him

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.