New Club Shop

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

I don’t know if anyone’s noticed, but we’ve just put a tab on the menu bar to look at the club shop items.
    If you were thinking of buying something (but weren’t sure) you can now look on the shop page to see what it looks like.
    This isn’t the complete listing but we felt that it is a good start; if there is something that you would like that we don’t do then give Shopkeeper a call and have a chat.

stevewoollas
    Participant

You’re right Chair, it’s all there!
    The club shop on the website, its what everyone’s been asking for so lets see those enquiries rolling in. All that green clothing, we could parade our machines round the ring like the horticultural versions of Robin Hood and Maid Marion.

trusty220
    Keymaster

It’s funny, but I don’t remember Maid Marion having a beard. I may be wrong, though!

charlie
    Keymaster

More Friar Tuck I think.

trusty220
    Keymaster

OK then, which one is Robin Hood out of this lot?

Attachments:
    trusty-mad
    Participant

well its not the one on the right

trusty220
    Keymaster

How about one of these, then?

Attachments:
    stevewoollas
    Participant

These photos make it look like the Robbin’ One has some brothers

trusty220
    Keymaster

It could be The Three Wise Monkeys- Speak No Evil, See No Evil and Hear No Evil.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Listen Members, Chair is at it again posting all these pictures of the Three Wise Men is just a ruse to deflect attention away from his real activities.
    I’ve only just recovered from Sunday when he had me and Old Hercules pulling the old cart around the posh area of Redditch where he promised rich pickings. Riding on the cart alongside me shouting something like “Annie Ole Eyerron” people came out of their houses in droves throwing old clothes onto the cart.
    See Chair clap in glee!
    I had to tie him onto the seat in the end to stop him falling off in his excitement…..talk about frightening the horses!
    Back at Ravenhall we entered by the back entrance whereupon he eagerly searched through all the clothing putting aside anything that may fit himself or his family….I saw those items and believe me, I feel sorry for the good Lady Chair if she has to wear those.
    Anyway I left for home with firm instructions from Chair to patch any worn items and dye them green, embroider on the club logo and then add them to the club shop stock.
    Again the entrepreneurial tendencies of our Chair could be bringing the Club into disrepute.
    What do you think of his new slogan for the shop “VHGMC Club Shop–never knowingly oversold“?

trusty220
    Keymaster

I suppose that I’m going to have to come clean about the horse and cart then. Yes, it’s true, I have driven a horse and cart for some time now and learnt my trade as a baker’s boy, slowly progressing up the different rounds until I was given a round of my own. Everything was going great guns until my round was extended to cover another baker’s route that he couldn’t cope with; this was my introduction to Linley Lane.
    Everything was fine for a couple of months until a young widow by the name of Sue (at number 22) started asking me in for a quick cuppa and a bun. Seeing as it was near the end of my round I couldn’t see the harm in it, but one day she suggested that we watch a film on the daytime telly. Nearing the end of the film I heard a strange noise outside and looking out of the window saw the milkman kick my horse; apparently, according to Sue, he was called Ernie (the milkman, not the horse). Most of the ladies in the road knew him as “The Fastest Milkman in the West” because he had a very unfortunate malady which none of them wished to go into.
    Anyway, he wasn’t going to get off lightly after kicking my innocent animal and so I challenged him to fight for Sue’s hand. His first shot was a strawberry flavoured yogurt which knocked my bun out of my hand, but I got him underneath the heart with a rock cake and followed it with a stale pork pie to the head. That was my undoing because it finished Ernie, and the court case was very long and protracted. I was tried for murder but eventually managed to wriggle out of it with a plea of self-defence.
    Bakers’ rounds are now a distant memory, as is my previous name before I entered the Witness Protection Programme. Needless to say, I find Redditch a much friendlier place than Teddington ever was.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.