Mountfield 11

Home Forums General Help and information Mountfield 11

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fell
    Participant

Any one got a mountfield 11

alan
    Participant

Yes, Mountfield 11 hp, 36″ mowing deck.

Attachments:
    fell
    Participant

I’ve just bought 1 and don’t know if it has the correct transmission belt on wondering if you could help
    When the pedal is pressed down it drives but when released doesn’t drive ?
    Working wrong way around I think

alan
    Participant

The instruction manual says “Your unit has a single clutch/brake pedal that operates both the clutch for changing gears and the brake. Fully depress the clutch/brake pedal to stop your unit.”

Indeed, your machine seems to be operating the wrong way around!

The transmission belt goes past a pulley that’s connected to the pedal. Is the belt the correct side of the pulley?

I’ll add a photo from the parts catalogue.

Attachments:
    fell
    Participant

Hi would you have any idea how long the belt should be ? Or a part number ? Thanks

alan
    Participant

The part number is 37X31. The catalogue doesn’t say what length it is and our tractor isn’t with us at present to measure it.

The tractor was made by Murray Power products, Ohio, so it’s possibly a Murray 37X31 belt. There’s some online.

alan
    Participant

I have scanned the maintenance document as a PDF. It explains how to change the drive belt – it looks a bit fiddly and requires looping the belt over the gear lever etc!

https://vhgmc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Mountfield-11-Tractor-Maintenance-Document.pdf

fell
    Participant

Thanks for your help I’ll have a look tomorrow see if I can work my problem out

alan
    Participant

There are some numbers written in pen on our Mountfield that relate to the drive belts.

The deck belt is an A80.

The drive belt numbers are 13X2032LI and also A2062LD. They may be of some help.

wristpin
    Participant

The transmission belt goes past a pulley that’s connected to the pedal. Is the belt the correct side of the pulley?

Quite possibly as simple as that !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.