Motor triple not charging

Home Forums Groundcare Machinery Grass Cutting Machinery Motor triple not charging

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    disco2
    Participant

Hi all hope we are well I have a charging problem with my Ransomes motor triple. Up until recently it’s been running great but it’s no longer charging it’s battery. It has a twin cylinder Kubota diesel I believe it’s a z600. I have checked the battery while the engine is running and it’s showing the same as when it’s not running so would suggest it’s not charging. The battery can be charged with a charger and is holding charge so I’m happy it’s not the battery. My question is how do I check the alternator because it has a small alternator/ dynamo and what looks to be a voltage regulator. There are 2 wires coming from the alternator I disconnected both and checked for voltage when running but showed 0 volts. This could be the fault or it could be that I’m checking it wrong. I have a feeling that the alternator is actually a fixed magnet dynamo but I could be wrong.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Best wishes William

trusty220
    Keymaster

Those Kubota charging systems seem to go on forever so the first thing I would check is that every wire has continuity from end to end. With the amount of vibration and in view of it’s age it wouldn’t be too far from the truth to find that the copper inside the plastic outer may have parted in more than one instance.

disco2
    Participant

Hi Trusty thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested and found that the multiplug at the bottom of the voltage regulator was not pushed together properly the securing clip is broken . I pushed it back fully and ran the machine and it was showing an increase in charge so fingers crossed it’s fixed.
    Thanks for your help and advice
    Best wishes William

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.