Mayfield Merlin No2

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Mayfield Merlin No2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Just like to say that I have added a 2nd Mayfield Merlin to my collection

This is a special one. Its the 2nd tractor off the production line. Where is number 1??

I will restore it at some stage. The engine is not correct & has a car steering wheel fitted!

Its all solid & the deck is complete, even though the side flaps are not shown in the pic

Somebody has attacked it with grey primer but thats saved the tin work

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

whered you find that one chris

vhgmcbuddy

In the village Nigel! It was owned by my mate Simon who brought it at The Dorset Steam Fair years ago. Its listed on the Merlin Records with Kevin. Its been sat in a shipping container ever since. It was a runner when he got it.
    We have been talking about a deal for ages but he wanted far to mutch for it so I left it.
    The other week he offered me a better price so I went & loaded it up!!
    We should be able to sort an engine.

Anybody got a 3 spoke steering wheel????

franktonpaget
    Participant

It never ceases to amaze me what turns up on the Forum after discovery out of a very small number produced quite a few Merlins seem to have survived.
    Engine fitted was Briggs & Stratton model 146402 four stroke petrol 6bhp at 3600rpm 231cc

regards FP

vhgmcbuddy

Chris,
    Where about in the world are you?
    I aquired a Merlin some while ago.
    However it is in many pieces, I am therefore after pictures and information to put it back together.
    Anything would be greatly received
    Many thanks
    Jon.

vhgmcbuddy

Jon,

I am in Pulborough West sussex

Currently restoring 2 merlins at the same time. Taking me ages!!

Merlin No2 I sold to a local chap whos restored it. I had another which I also sold to a local lad whos also restoring it

The one I am currently doing will be for my son to drive when hes old enough. No deck with this one which does not bother me

Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.