Iseki AC-2 rotavator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Iseki AC-2 rotavator

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    stuart
    Participant

OK thaks Phil.I am near the town of Kettering in Northamptonshire.If i was around your way anytime i would take you up on the offer.

vhgmcbuddy

Angus,

Thanks for the information.

Stuart,

Thank you too. I’m in S W Wales. I’ve got a neighbour who used to teach mechanics coming round tomorrow to take a look at it so hopefully he’ll be able to help.

vhgmcbuddy

Fragonard, did you get the email ok ??

vhgmcbuddy
    vhgmcbuddy

Ok, glad its of use to you !!

stuart
    Participant

OK let us all know if he gets its running for you.

vhgmcbuddy

Stuart, can you email me on paws44@btinternet.com Phil

vhgmcbuddy

Hi i have one of there rotavators mine is a 2 stroke
    model if you are interested its up for grabs

vhgmcbuddy

Fragonard, please email me. Phil

vhgmcbuddy

“I suspect if your engine does not start it has lost its spark due to standing / not used for a long time ??.If this is the case then the flywheel will need removing to access to the magneto (contact breakers and condensor).You really need a proper removal tool for this flywheel.Do NOT hit the flywheel or the end of the crankshaft with a hammer in an attempt to remove it !!.I used one of my flywheel removal tools and it was very tight on the taper !!.
    The carburettor would need a thorough cleaning too i suspect.Where are you located as i could get it running for you.”

I’ve given the carburettor a good cleaning but still not running. When you say that the “flywheel will need removing to access to the magneto (contact breakers and condensor)”….what do you mean I need to do once I acess teh magneto? Sorry to be a pain. Thank you.

stuart
    Participant

Is it sparking at the spark plug ??.If not then the contact breakers will require cleaning and the only thorough way to achieve this is by removing the flywheel.

vhgmcbuddy

It is sparking at the plug Stuart. Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions appreciated.

vhgmcbuddy

This guy who’se a small engine mechanic told me to pour a spoonfull of fuel into behind the air filter. If it then ‘starts’ for a little while or something similar, then it’s a failure to get fuel issue. I did this and nothing. I did get the odd puff of smoke and a slight ‘bang’ but nothing. Does this mean that it’s likely an electrical issue although the spart plug does spark?

charlie
    Keymaster

If you are getting some smoke it suggests the spark is making some attempt to burn the fuel. It might be worth fitting a new plug, is the one fitted the correct one and does it have the correct gap? I had a B&S engine with a lovely spark that would not start, a drop offuel down the plug hole and away it went and kept running, now starts with no problem. If it is a fuel issue it may well be a blocked jet in the carb. If it is blow them through with an air line, do not be tempted to poke a bit of wire through to clean them.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks. Yes, I fitted a new plug which is a B6H as specified in the Iseki brochure uploaded to this thread on Page 1. Yes, I’ve cleaned the Carb and the jets and tried dropping fuel down the plug hole but I only get the odd puff of smoke and ‘bang’.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.