Iseki AC-2 rotavator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Iseki AC-2 rotavator

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello,

This is my first post and than you for allowing me to join.

I was looking at this thread in the old fourm: http://www.tractorbox.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8091

Anyway, I’ve got one of these. Stuart on the old forum says: “Yes i have seen your MC1 model.In fact its the only other Iseki i have seen on here.My AC-2 model has a reverse drive.I have been looking for the red cover that fits behind the fuel tank and covers up the spark plug but with no success.This is the only part missing from mine and was hoping someone else has an identical model to get dimensions from so i can make one.”

I can provide an image of this part. Do you guys know where one can get parts of this type of rotavator. I’m missing a ‘cap’ or maybe a dis-stick. Currently it’s closed by a piece of wood. This part isn’t to be seen in the images on the above linked to forum thread. Anybody know what I’m referring to?

stuart
    Participant

An image along with some measurements would be great and i will have go at making one of these covers for my AC-2.New spare parts are very hard to find.A donor machine,if you can find one,would supply some useful parts im sure.Where on the rotavator is your “missing cap” ??.Is it the oil filler cap on the transmission case you are looking for ??.

vhgmcbuddy

Is this any help gents ??

Attachments:
    stuart
    Participant

Is the brochure dated by any chance ??.I cant quite see the specs of the machine (as the brochure cannot be enlarged) but is the correct spark plug an NGK B6H ??.Thanks.

vhgmcbuddy

This engine is 2 stroke isn’t it? I’m not at all mechanichally minded so please be patient with me. I found the missing cap beneath the exhaust. Yes I believe it would be on the ‘transmission case’ as you say Stuart.

vhgmcbuddy

I’ve been studying those photos again and I can see the missing cap in the last but one photo. Is that also a dip-stick?

stuart
    Participant

The larger round screw in the picture that i think you are refering too is the “oil filler screw” for the reduction gearbox (the screw with the flat slot in it which also has a fibre sealing washer underneath it).Its not a “dipstick” as the gearbox has another screw at the bottom which is the oil level screw (you can see this is the same picture).Just below this “oil level screw” is the “oil drain screw”.
    This reduction gearbox obviously needs a quantity of oil in it so remove the “oil level screw ” and oil should just seep out…..if not simply top it up.The oil in this gearbox is totally seperate from the engine (which is a 2 stroke engine) and oil should therefore be mixed in with the petrol.I use a 25/1 ratio which is 40ml oil to 1L petrol.Hope this helps.Any pics and dimensions of my missing red cover would be greatly appreciated.Thankyou.

vhgmcbuddy

I will give you measurements later.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Ok another one.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

And another.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

And another one.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

And finally.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

The depth of this part is approx 6 cms. It’s a kind of contiuation of the top half of the petrol tank. If you look at image 2 above, the widest part is 21.6 cms but it has been dented a little bit. Where it’s narrower, it’s 19 cms. But basically, it’s a continuation of the petrol tank but slopes down a little. In your image, there’s a kind of ‘braket’ with two holes which fit in with two holes in the side of the cover which is seen above. Maybe I should have taken a photo of these holes.

I had some trouble becaue a niece of mine has taken my usb wire beloning to my phone so I had another niece taking this pics suing here iphone which I don’t understand. If you need any more information I’ll try and help.

Would it be possible for you to take a pic of the removable screw to show the oil level or point to it on your photo? I can’t see it at all.

vhgmcbuddy

pm me your email address gents if you want a copy of the brochure…

Can’t see a date on it.

vhgmcbuddy

Unfortunatley, I’m unable to pm you pmackellow as I’m not yet a subscribing member.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.