Is the Barford Atom the same as Allen scythe?

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Is the Barford Atom the same as Allen scythe?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tommydog
    Participant

Is the Barford Atom the same as Allen scythe? The two look very similar. Were the Barfords any good? There is a Barford on Ebay at the moment, but I know nothing about them. If you had to choose between the Barford and the Allen Scythe which was the better machine?

charlie
    Keymaster

No they are not the same machine, two totally different companies.
    Are they any good? It depends what you want the machine to do, I am guessing you want to cut long grass. The Allen scythe was primarily a grass cutting machine, although other attachments were available. The Barford Atom was a multi purpose machine with cultivating implements and a cutter bar amongst the range of attachments. Barford also made the Councillor Power Scythe, which was very much like the Allen Scythe.
    I have no experience of using either for cutting long grass so cannot comment on their performance.

andyfrost
    Participant

There’s also a Merry Tiller Titan on there , complete with scythe fitted , AND it just happens to be the GT variant , MTs most sort after model.

Andy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.