Howard Bantam

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    c2001g
    Participant

Hi
    I’m rather new to this forum and to horticultural machinery but thought this was the best place to ask for some help!
    I’ve recently bought a 2 stroke Villers engine Howard Bantam, upon getting it home I’ve not been able to get it started. It turns over with the pull cord, there’s fuel in there although some is leaking from the carburettor primer. I’ve not yet tested the spark plug, but I don’t suppose anyone has any other suggestions as to what it might be?
    Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have!

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by c2001g.
    ted20
    Participant

villiers 2 strokes are notorious for problem starting namely coil, condensor, points, all are available at villiersparts or villiers services

c2001g
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestions, I’m hoping once I’ve got the spark plug out I should be able to test the ignition parts. If it’s any of the above I’m guessing that means i won’t get a spark?

charlie
    Keymaster

It will be well worth cleaning the points in the magneto if you do not have a spark as they can corrode if left unused for long periods. I am not familiar with the engine used on the Howard but I know the 2 stroke engines on my machines are reluctant to start if any excess fuel/oil mix is not drained from the crankcase. Fresh fuel mix is always a good idea too.

c2001g
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestions Charlie, I will give that a try!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.