Help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dave
    Participant

A friend of mine is rebuilding a Ransomes M G 5 and having fitted the tracks
    the machine veeres off to the left all the time. He has tried adjusting the track
    tension and the steering brakes are free. Can any member help please.
    Also I am looking for a Hayter Hawk 12″ grave mower to do round the graves in the
    local church. Is there anybody out there who can help me.

expeatfarmer
    Participant

I would try slackening the tension right off on the left hand track and see if that makes any difference. If the tracks have been rebuilt with new rubbers etc it may be that you have what was the right hand track on the left hand side which may be running tight on worn drive wheels. If you take it for a long drive around a field it may settle in ,if not try swapping the tracks. another thought is that you may have the track reversed from original which would mean the left track is driving on a less worn side of the track driving teeth try removing the left track and rotate it. Clearly something on the left side is running tight causing the diff. to power the left track. If you do end up removing both tracks when you have the machine securely jacked and propped, try starting the engine and engaging gear and check that both drive wheels rotate together, this will eliminate a fault in the hub/final drive bearings.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.