Hello from across the pond

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Hello from across the pond

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello, several years ago my father in law gave me the Howard Gem that he had used in his commercial greenhouse operation to till for tomatoes prior to switching over to potted plants. The machine sat neglected for many years until I was able to get my hands on it with an eye towards eventual restoration. I have had it running and even used it briefly but the old girl is in need of some TLC. I will be pestering you fine folks with all sorts of questions regarding the Howard as I have been unable to find anyone here stateside with much in the way of practical experience pertaining to the Gem and more specifically the engine, which I believe is the 360 degree twin of Howards own manufacture. Recently I had the mag rebuilt but am struggling with timing it so that will be what I will be seeking assistance with first. Would these types of questions be best posted in the Pedestrian Machine section of this forum? Thanks in advance, Rick

Howard Gem
    Model # G24T
    Serial # G2531572

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rick,

Thats a good example compared to some of the wrecks that crop up over here!

Plently of howard experts on here which should pop up soon

Thats rather on the large side for your small plot, bet you had probs getting it over the side!!!

charlie
    Keymaster

Rick, welcome to the forum. You could start a topic in pedestrian machines or in the projects section.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen. No problem getting it in the garden…..backed it in and drove it out – that was 7 years ago and I needed a place to try it out – garden seemed a likely spot. I’ll post a topic in the pedestrian section, thanks again, Rick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.