Hayterette Paint Colours!

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Hayterette Paint Colours!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello,

I am sure it has been discussed on this forum as it has on many others, but thought I would raise it to see if there is a definite answer!

I currently own 5 different hayterette’s ranging from 1961 through to 1976 (I shall attempt to attach an image). They all start and run well and I have rebuilt one of the engines. But I need to start the process of painting the decks.

I know there have been numerous forum posts regarding the ‘hammerite’ style green paint, but was a conclusion reached?

On that note does anyone know the paint type/code/colour for the metallic green of the older hayterettes?

Any help or thoughts on the paint codes and types would amazing.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Scott

Attachments:
    dave
    Participant

Scott.
    Try phoning the Hayter factory.
    01279 723444.

ssorthiek
    Participant

Just a thought, if these are original paint colours on your machines albeit a bit worn, have you considered getting a RAL colour chart and match the paint that way?
    So far I’ve had excellent results painting with Paragon Enamel paints. They are expensive but so far well worth the money. It looks as if they will mix any colour for you and can be supplied in matt, satin, semi-gloss or gloss. When I say any colour, you can chose from 208 RAL colours.

That just leaves the hammered finish or not. I have no idea if I’m honest but Paragon also do 8 colours in a hammered finish. I don’t know if they can mix different colours in a hammer finish.

As usual, I am not expert in any of this but these are my thoughts at the moment.

vhgmcbuddy

Excellent! Thank you for your replies, I’ll try and give Hayter a call over the next week.

As for the RAL colours I have RAL fan with 192 colours and think they are closet to the following.

The hammerite green style paint is closet to RAL1020 Olive Yellow.

I think the older mowers are made up of RAL 6036 Pearl Opal Green for the engine and RAL 6000 Patina Green for the deck.

If anyone else has any thoughts I’d be keen to hear.

Thanks again.

Scott

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.