Hauck flame gun

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Garden implements Hauck flame gun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Well here is my latest weapon on mass destruction… Anyone seen one before ? I am looking for a close up of the decal so Titch can make a new one when its restored. Also any further info or the instruction manual… Also any ideas on the flat bottom to the head? Most of the sheen type have a round head. Wondering was this one not a weed burner but more an industrial type ?

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

This item sold recently on that auction site Hauck catalogue

vhgmcbuddy

Charlie , I can’t see my posts on this topic . Can you ?

vhgmcbuddy

I have a forestry Hauck flame gun, compared to yours mine is small. I’ve only got the canister no lance.

Attachments:
    crawler
    Participant

Back in Nov 2010 I posted the attached two photos of a flame gun that I was given. It looks to be the same model as you have.
    Hortiman identified it and gave the following information:
    “Your flame gun is a Hauck “vulcan glider”, it has a 4 gallon capacity and a 60 psi working
    pressure, consuming one gallon per hour. The 1951 listing shows a price of £10/-/- carriage paid.”

Unfortunately the transfer on mine is not in much better condition than yours. The head on mine also has a flat bottom to it.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for that. Anyone any ideas on original colour or a better photo of the decal ?

adam4472
    Participant

Hi, I also have one of these flame guns, I will upload pictures later, the transfer on mine is fairly good, and gives ‘The Haulk Flame Gun Co, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire’ at the bottom, they used to have premises in the Market Place backing onto the River Nene on North Brink.

I purchased mine 12+ years ago from a farm sale at Sutton Bridge, Lincs.

Hope this is some help!

Adam.

vhgmcbuddy

That would be great . I look forward to seeing the photos.

adam4472
    Participant

Here is a picture of my flame gun as purchased, also the transfer, and a note about he firm, who went into receivership in July 1982.

Just found a Sheen flame gun and trolly, think its a X500, will post some pictures soon!

Adam.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for that. Can’t read the writing around the edge of it. Maybe you might get a close up of it sometime ? I look forward to seeing your sheen gun. I have never seen the trolley for one apart from on the Internet .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone I have just acquired a Hauck Vulcan Junior flame gum and dont have any instruction for it can anybody help please as I know nothing about it what it runs on how to light it ect.
    Cheers Adrian

charlie
    Keymaster

Adrian welcome to the forum. Most flame guns run on paraffin and use methylated spirits to heat up the burner. First you will need to put paraffin in the main fuel tank, then with the fuel valve turned off pump the tank up to create pressure. The meths is used to heat the burner sufficiently to vapourise the paraffin, if the burner is not hot enough you will get a jet of burning paraffin rather than a good strong hot flame when the fuel valve is opened. I do not have instructions for the Vulcan so cannot give exact details.

charlie
    Keymaster

This link shows the principle

adam4472
    Participant

Here are some hopefully better pictures of the transfer on my Haulk flame gun.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

That’s great . Thanks very much. Going to forward to Titch and see what he can do !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.