H 16hp Bolens

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines H 16hp Bolens

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    davidbliss
    Participant

Got this back from the supplier, If I read this right, they say the later for high altitude makes it run richer, well higher you go theres less air so need a smaller jet to run weaker,and this engine runs weak at hight speed 3600 rpm and rich at idle to half throttle. so main jets would be of no use.

Honda engine parts lists usually give you three different jets so you can finely adjust the fuel amount – Briggs only offer one standard plus one high altitude jet – the latter making it run richer. So the only thing I can suggest is maybe trying the 16hp jet:

d

andyfrost
    Participant

Surely there are two jets , one for high revs and one for low ?? , seems to me the jets are not balanced correctly.

Andy.

davidbliss
    Participant

Most have a main jet that the faster its run more it sucks fuel through, compensating is like a tank with a leak in it and runs into a bowl no matter how much fuel is sucked the bowl will only give whats running into it and no more, then there is a slow running jet with a adjustable air bypass to give ideal idling characteristics, this carb comes fixed with no adjustment, the old one is adjustable, it seems to me the compensating is to large and main is small giving a over rich at low speed and weak at full speed causing the exhaust to get very hot.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.