Great Dorset Steam Fair 2016 revised dates

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Great Dorset Steam Fair 2016 revised dates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

Please note dates for the 2016 GDSF will now be 25th August to 29th August; this covers the bank holiday weekend. For full story see GDSF website
    Personally I can see the change causing a whole load of other problems, for GDSF and many other shows that use the bank holiday weekend.

hortiman
    Participant

Thank you Charlie.

I hope this will not put off volunteer helpers who will hopefully come along as usual and help out on the club stand in the marquee.

All helpers welcome, please contact me if you think you can spare a few hours.
    Thank you
    Chris

will-haggle
    Participant

Not least of which is the Honiton Hill Rally, which is well endowed with steam engines going to Tarrant Hinton. GDSF like Bridgewater Carnival if it moves everyone else has to accommodate it, so I guess that Honiton Hill Rally will shift into September. There being only four weekends in August next year. We shall see…

vhgmcbuddy

I can see why the GDSF organisers may feel the need to change the dates, but moving it to the Bank Holiday weekend will cause more problems than it will solve

chap
    Participant

Well just think of the traffic Bank Holiday and the steam fair that will be gridlock,and if its wet !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.