Gravely Attachments

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Gravely Attachments

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have some attachments for my Gravely 4 wheel tractor. Gravely had many useful attachments for snow removal, garden tilling, bush planting, firewood log splitting, brush cutting, earth grading, grass cutting just to name a few. I don’t have all the attachment, but I have a few.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8yeo6x4B_w Here is a video of a Thackery Unicorn Log Splitter bit that fits into the shaft drive rotary power head. The power head has several parts that allows you to do ditching work, boe holes in the ground to plant trees/bushes, plough up the earth for gardens. I will be post pictures and videos of other attachments for my Gravely as time goes by. I hope folks like what they see and comment about them. Glenn

charlie
    Keymaster

You wouldn’t want to trip and fall whilst working that beast!

vhgmcbuddy

Yes sir, It could be very bad to fall on it. The picture of the screw unicorn part is in the transport/use position. There are two most effective ways to use it, one is like the video position and the other is on its left side so you can roll the logs up to the splitter. I will have to make another video showing it working that way. I have back trouble and other health reasons so I can’t bend over for very long.
    They make other screw splitters that can be bolted to the drive wheel of autos/trucks. There are videos on youtube others have posted.

vhgmcbuddy

Here is picture of my rear tiller attached to my 1972/73 Gravely 816 with 16.5 hp Onan twin. The tiller is shaft drive, hydro lift. I bought the tiller used in very rusty shape. I rebuilt the gearbox and repainted it. It works well and is handy to have in the springtime. I will make a video of it in action.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

That looks up to the job Glenn. Done a good job, looks smart now. Look forward to the video. Nice smooth running engines the Onan, I have one in a W H.

vhgmcbuddy

I used my mid mount grader blade the other day to grade my gravel drive that runs to the barn. I like how it works, saves me a lot of work.

crawler
    Participant

I have come across videos on Youtube of that type of log splitter in action, looks quite effective but I imagine you would have to keep your wits about you when you are operating it.
    The rear tiller looks like a very useful attachment to have.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.