Grandad Johns Atco Saurus 30 inch

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Grandad Johns Atco Saurus 30 inch

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Just before going to bed last evening,i had a browse on you know where,only to find the BEAST. hum don’t have one of these,was buzzing around the grey matter. On checking the starting price I was a little wary as I thought it could have made around 250 pounds . Not so as it turned out,it stuck at under 40 pounds so I jumped in and was lucky to get it. NOW our learned friends,as far as I know its all standard with a Villiers MK 40 engine,has also a kick start like many smaller machines. Just hoping that I can get it to start easily as I don’t want elephants leg synadrome. would like to know more about this machine with your help. thanks john.

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

John , are you sure it’s a MK40 , these usually had MK20 or MK25 fitted.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

That is indeed a beast John, the spec plate should tell you what flavour of Villers you have, (if its got one) that would look grand with a Tarpen drive on it…

vhgmcbuddy

Err its another ATCO John

As Andy says its not a MK40. My money on MK20 as I had one of these which I removed the engine & scrapped the rest!!

vhgmcbuddy

will go and have a look at the plate and report back.

vhgmcbuddy

that was quick,heres what it says engine serial no 140680 Mark C25.17. 01 well done you where right. any quirky bits on the machine ? I noticed the left hand grip was right angled and the other side was like most others.

wristpin
    Participant

As you say, a bit of a beast! Would think that it is more likely to be either 28″ or 34″ rather than 30. See that you have the “high cut” front castor wheels – seen plenty in parts books and catalogues but never seen a set fitted.
    On the subject of that Atco Green paint code, did your supplier state what “paint system” that refers to such as RAL or Leicher?

vhgmcbuddy

angus,its a 28 inch cut not 30 as in the topic heading. also rang the paint people and the numbers quoted are just for there mixing purposes. so sorry no ral etc. mind they will post some if you require any no problem. address t and r Williamson
    paint and varnish wks.
    ripon
    n.yorkshire.

vhgmcbuddy

as reguards the engine,any engine settings would be much appreciated as the engine will get a good service and the valves ground etc. points and electricals will get the usual check over aswell.pdf is welcome or a copy of manual even better.would be nice to have the engine running sweetly for new year.

vhgmcbuddy

From the engine number details etc have we now got enough info to put a date on this machine ? my guess is always miles out and thats not a lot of good

vhgmcbuddy

THIS SUBJECT HAS BEEN MOVED TO PROJECTS UNDER A NEW HEADING OF ATCO GROUNDSMAN 28 INCH MOWER

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.