Exhibiting at agriculture shows

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Exhibiting at agriculture shows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mayfield-9991
    Participant

Please can anyone advise on showing my machinery at agriculture shows that vhgmc don’t attend, am I aloud to take my exhibits along under the vhgmc membership.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Any of our members can show under the VHGMC banner at any of their local (or otherwise) agricultural shows. For this reason we provide Public Liability cover up to a maximum indemnity of £5 million.

One thing that show organisers tend to ask for these days is insurance cover for road risks; some time back a law was passed which raised the profile of all show and rally fields to that of Public Highway. This means that if you have a ride-on machine they insist that it also has an insurance policy to cover road risks whether it is registered for the road or not. Our club cannot provide this cover due to the vast assortment of machinery that our members collect but I understand that the NFU will issue policies to cover this.

charlie
    Keymaster

The legislation trusty220 refers to is the Road Traffic Act which was revised/amended to encompass more than what we generally consider to be roads. This is when rally fields and showgrounds amongst other places became ‘Public Places’ and only affects ride on machines such as garden tractors and ride on lawn mowers, it does not include pedestrian operated machines with a trailer or riding bogey eg a Trusty or British Anzani Iron Horse. Various insurance companies can provide the necessary insurance for shows. The machine does not need to be taxed or registered, it does need some means of unique identifier eg serial number.
    On a general note, please refer to the BAVCC Safety Code, a copy of which all members should have received with the April 2022 issue of The Cultivator.

mayfield-9991
    Participant

Thanks too Trusty 220 and Charlie for the information that I requested on Exhibiting at shows.
    Mayfield-9991

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.